Job Number 19146172
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location W Singapore – Sentosa Cove| Lot 1412N Muklim 32| Singapore|
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury| W turns the traditional notion of
the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for
excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a
life less ordinary that drives them to demand more| experience it all| and hit
We share our guests’ passions| providing insider access to what’s new and
what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for
life demands more| not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a
mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene
that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world| then we invite you
to explore a career with W Hotels.
Entry level management position that focuses on successfully accomplishing the
daily objectives in the kitchen. Assists in leading staff while personally
assisting in all areas of the kitchen| including food production; purchasing
and kitchen sanitation. Position contributes to ensuring guest and employee
satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary| food and
beverage| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary|
food and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Performs all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area employees in high
• Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
• Ensures employees keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
• Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and
timing of events and meals.
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests
based on required specifications.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types| either on a regular basis or for
special guests or functions.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative
Supporting Culinary Team Activities
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures completion of assigned duties.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| giving feedback
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Conducts training when appropriate.
• Monitors employee|s progress towards meeting performance expectations.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and
consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired
• Supports and assists with new menus| concepts and promotions for the
Restaurant outlets and Banquets.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manages food and supply inventories
according to budget.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.