Job Number 19168402
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Singapore| 29 Tanglin Road| Singapore| Singapore|
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Accountable for overall success of the daily restaurant kitchen operations.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the
staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve
guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Supervises all restaurant kitchen areas to ensure a consistent| high quality
product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including
direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary| food and
beverage| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary|
food and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Manages restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all
Food & Beverage policies| standards and procedures.
• Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates
production needs to restaurant kitchen personnel daily.
• Assists Executive Chef with all restaurant kitchen operations and
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types| either on a regular basis or for
special guests or functions.
• Develops| designs| or creates new applications| ideas| relationships|
systems| or products| including artistic contributions.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative
• Maintains purchasing| receiving and food storage standards.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Performs all duties of restaurant kitchen managers and employees as
• Recognizes superior quality products| presentations and flavor.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards
Leading Restaurant Operations
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests
based on required specifications.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Schedules employees to meet business demands and tracks employee time and
• Trains employees in safety procedures.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| providing
feedback as needed.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.