Job Number 19094520
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| 30 Beach Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for handling local social catering opportunities for the property.
Responsible for achieving and exceeding the hotel catering sales revenue
goals. Provides day-to-day supervision to Catering Sales associates that are
on-property| dependent on the volume of local social catering business.
Contracts and closes local catering and social business| and ensures that
business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service
delivery. Achieves catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business
opportunity to maximize revenue. Implements the brand’s service strategy and
applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives
customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maximizing Revenue & Managing Profitability
• Identifies| qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal
and hotel revenue goals.
• Proactively solicits affiliate business associated with citywide events
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage
• Identifies and implements process improvements and best practices.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service
• Ensures successful performance by increasing revenues| controlling expenses
and providing a return on investment for the owner and the business.
Managing Sales Activities
• Manages the sales efforts for the hotel related to local social catering
• Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the hotel.
• Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
and negotiate contracts.
• Designs| develops| and sells creative catered events.
• Develops and manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets| and
provides forecasting reports.
• Identifies and assists with selling| implementing and following-through on
• Promotes accountability to drive superior business results.
• Executes Sales strategies and business processes.
• Executes and supports Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practice daily service basics of the brand (i.e.| MHR
Spirit to Serve Daily Basics| RHR Savvy Service Basics| Courtyard Basics of
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with property Sales and Marketing colleagues and Above
Property Sales| as well as other hotel departments to ensure sales efforts are
coordinated| complementary and not duplicative.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of
strategies at the hotel level.
• Works with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan
addressing revenue| customers and market.
• Works with the property’s Food and Beverage team to develop menus that drive
• Interacts effectively with vendors| competitors| local community| catering
associations and other hotel departments (including Sales| Kitchen and Events)
in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Ensures that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to
operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves the customer by understanding their business| business issues and
concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and during the
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of
the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property
leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.