Job Number 19083444
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Westin Singapore| 12 Marina View| Singapore| Singapore|
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin| we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by
providing a refreshing environment| thoughtful amenities| and revitalizing
programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they
arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being|
and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and
soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help
guests be at their best| and they appreciate our supportive attitude|
anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them
throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to
join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If
you’re someone who has is positive| adaptable and intuitive| and has a genuine
interest in the well-being of others around you| we invite you to discover how
at Westin| together we can rise.
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales
opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely
fashion for proper service delivery. Assists in leading all day-to-day
activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term| value-based
customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves
personal sales goals.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 3 years
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and
marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales
efforts are coordinated| complementary and not duplicative.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to
enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls| entertainment| FAM
trips| trade shows| etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer
base for sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external
• Provides accurate| complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Managing Sales Activities
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new
business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to
• Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions
and location needs.
• Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy| driving customer
loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
• Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics
of the company.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service