Job Number 19001537
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The St. Regis Singapore| 29 Tanglin Road| Singapore| Singapore|
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping| Recreation/Health
Club and| if applicable| Laundry. Directs and works with employees to verify
property guestrooms| public space and employee areas are clean and well
maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective
action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or
related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Verifies guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and
• Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective
check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to verify adequate supplies.
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms
and public space.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted
• Verifies all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and verifies compliance with
all housekeeping policies| standards and procedures.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear
and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants
and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and verifies employees do the same with them.
• Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and
• Verifies employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
Process| where applicable.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service| operational needs|
and financial objectives are met.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Verifies employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door” policy| and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Understands the brand|s service culture.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action
plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.