Job Number 190016P1
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel| 320 Orchard Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
Responsible for all front office functions and staff. Areas of responsibility
include Bell Staff| Switchboard Operations| Guest Services/Front Desk as
applicable. As a department head| directs and works with managers and
employees to successfully execute all front office operations| including guest
arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and
employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration or related major; 2 years
experience in the guest services| front desk| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Guest Services Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures recognition of employees is taking place across areas of
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position and monitors progress.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Keeps Front Office team focused on the critical components of operations to
drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Conducts department meetings and continually communicates a clear and
consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs and
financial objectives are met.
• Understands the impact of Front Office operations on the Rooms area and
overall property financial goals.
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted
Managing Projects and Policies
• Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies| standards and procedures.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Supervises and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day operations.
Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Acts as the “Service Champion” for the Front Office and creates a positive
atmosphere for guest relations.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies excellent customer
service| and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures that all Front Office areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to
the overall guest experience.
• Reviews comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to identify
areas of improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Establishes challenging| realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door” policy| and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for Front Office Staff.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Interviews and hires managers and hourly employee team members with the
appropriate skills and in a timely manner to meet the business needs of the
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Identifies and analyzes Front Office operational challenges and facilitates
the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.