Job Number 19156434
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| 30 Beach Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping| Laundry. Directs
and works with employees to verify property guestrooms| public space and
employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds
people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest
and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Verifies guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and
• Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective
check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to verify adequate supplies.
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms
and public space.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted
• Verifies all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and verifies compliance with
all housekeeping policies| standards and procedures.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear
and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants
and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and verifies employees do the same with them.
• Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and
• Verifies employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
Process| where applicable.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service| operational needs|
and financial objectives are met.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Verifies employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door” policy| and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Understands the brand|s service culture.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action
plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.