Job Number 19083487
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| 30 Beach Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Functions as the strategic business leader for the Sales and Marketing
Departments of a cluster of properties and is responsible for property
reactive sales (outside of Event Booking Centers)| proactive account sales and
segment sales| local and social catering sales| business travel sales|
reservation sales and destination sales| if applicable. The position shares
responsibility for achieving revenue goals| guest and employee satisfaction
and the financial performance of the department. Implements the brand’s
service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales
process. Leads on-property sales functions for a cluster of properties to
build long-term| value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of
properties’ sales objectives. Evaluates the participation of properties in the
various sales channels (e.g.| Market Sales| | electronic lead channels| etc.)
and develops strong working relationships to maximize each property’s
benefits. Proactively positions and markets the various properties. Manages
the marketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns|
promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
Interfaces with regional marketing communications on regional and national
promotions pull through. Develops and implements strategies for a cluster of
properties that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and
expectations of the brand’s target customer profile and property employees and
provides a return on investment to the owners and the company.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing & Executing Sales and Marketing Strategies
• Develops sales goals and strategies and ensures alignment with the brand
• Executes the sales strategy and ensures individual booking goals are met for
both self and staff.
• Coaches leaders of revenue generating departments in developing effective
revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property|s
• Ensures the development of a strategic account plan for the demand
generators in the market.
• Determines and develops marketing communication activities| in conjunction
with Regional Marketing Communications.
• Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends
that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer
• Reviews the STAR report| competitive shopping reports and uses other
resources to maintain an awareness of each property’s market position.
• Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow
occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
• Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales
• Suggests innovative marketing ideas and proactively develops deployment
strategies to continue to grow market share for each property.
Maximizing Revenue & Managing Profitability
• Evaluates and supports market sales account deployment.
• Monitors and evaluates event booking and market sales performance for each
• Ensures Sales teams understands and are leveraging customer/guest demand
engines to full potential.
• Ensures focus is on proactive selling as well as reactive selling.
• Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing teams to
acquire new business and/or close on business.
Managing Public Relations
• Develops strong community and public relations by ensuring property
participation in local| regional and national tradeshows and client events.
• Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to
augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
• Supports the General Managers by coordinating crisis communications.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Serves as the sales contact for the General Managers| property leadership
teams| event booking| and market sales leaders.
• Serves as the property sales liaison with market sales/cluster sales| Event
Booking| Revenue Management| Event Management| Regional Marketing
Communications and other property departments as appropriate.
• Serves as property authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as the sales contact for customers; serves as the customer advocate.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer/guest service to drive customer/guest
satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer/guest and ensuring their
satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to the property and
• Gains understanding of each property’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.
• Executes and supports Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand
• Works with Human Resources| Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure
compliance with all applicable regulations and/or union requirements.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).