Job Number 19166043
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| 30 Beach Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Exhibits creative baking and decorating talents by preparing quality and
consistent pastries for all areas. Works to continually improve guest and
employee satisfaction. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the culinary| food and
beverage| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 1 year experience in the culinary|
food and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Leading the Pastry Team
• Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well
enough to perform duties in employees| absence.
• Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Assists in the supervision of pastry preparation shift operations.
• Prepares food items and executes requests based on required specifications.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for Pastry Team
• Develops| designs| or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Recognizes superior quality products| presentations and flavor.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Assists the Executive Chef with menu development associated with Pastry.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types| either on a regular basis or for
special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Monitors and Provides service behaviors that are above and beyond for
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Supports achievement of culinary goals associated with pastry products
including performance goals| budget goals| team goals| etc.
• Provides assistance in prioritizing| organizing| and accomplishing daily
pastry operations work.
• Supports procedures for food and beverage portion and waste controls.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manages inventories according to budget.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone| in written
form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.