Job Number 19153762
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Meridien Singapore| Sentosa| 23 Beach Road| Singapore|
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Meridien| we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and
engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and
creative| cosmopolitan| culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated|
timeless service. We provide original| chic and memorable service and
experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for
curious| creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate
connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected
experiences| we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Meridien.
Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations
in Restaurants/Bars| Room Service and Banquet functions. Position assists with
menu planning| maintains sanitation standards| assists servers and hosts on
the floor during peak meal periods and supervises Restaurants/Bars|Room
Service and Banquet Departments| where applicable. Responsibilities include
ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating
budget. Accountable to ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Restaurant Team
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
• Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Director
of Restaurants or Restaurant Manager.
• Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent
message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food
quality and service levels.
• Ensures compliance with all restaurant policies| standards and procedures.
• Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as
• Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within
• Handles guest problems and complaints| seeking assistance from supervisor as
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with
• Meets and greets guests.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Supervises on-going training initiatives.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.