Job Number 19165386
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Westin Singapore| 12 Marina View| Singapore| Singapore|
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin| we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by
providing a refreshing environment| thoughtful amenities| and revitalizing
programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they
arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being|
and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and
soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help
guests be at their best| and they appreciate our supportive attitude|
anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them
throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to
join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If
you’re someone who has is positive| adaptable and intuitive| and has a genuine
interest in the well-being of others around you| we invite you to discover how
at Westin| together we can rise.
Assists the property’s Banquets/Catering Department in the property|s reactive
and proactive sales efforts with a focus on group and catering accounts. The
position contributes to achieving revenue goals and the financial performance
of the department. Assists in implementing the brand’s service strategy and
applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process. Position
supports the administrative processes associated with the pre-event and post-
event phases of an event and the associated transitions between all event
phases. Assists the seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to
sales while consistently delivering a high level of service. Ensures the team
maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting
(catering and group rooms) all events.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing|
guest services| front desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maximizing Revenue & Managing Profitability
• Solicits/books local catering business and develops group business.
• Assists in completing and distributing catering sales revenue and operation
budgets and revenue forecasting.
• Tracks booking goals on a weekly basis and compiles incentive reports for
distribution to catering leaders.
• Ensures that booking guidelines are followed and that catering leaders are
maximizing space and revenue.
• Supports management team in creating and implementing a catering
sales/marketing plan addressing revenue| customers and market.
Managing Sales Activities
• Assists with selling| implementation and follow-through of catering
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Sells menu items| beverages| wines| and facilities including destination
services| business center| and audio-visual services.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of how and when to impose deadlines
and delegate tasks.
• Ensures catering leaders are generating lost business reports.
• Manages the catering sales efforts for the property including local and
• Distributes catering and group contracts before group arrival.
• Understands competitor offerings and effectively sells against them.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts effectively with guests/clients| sales and kitchen| vendors|
competitors| local community| catering associations and other property
departments in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Supports company’s customer service standards and property’s brand
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.