With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Director of Security, is concerned with the efficient and professional service of Security, while ensuring the Safety and Security in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures of the Conrad Hotel and Hilton Group.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Security, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Advise management in improving and carrying out policies in accordance with security and local law & regulations
Ensure the protection of hotel property, guests, team members and their properties.
Organize daily patrols and security checks throughout the hotel.
Report and remove any potential accident or fire hazards to the Management.
Plan emergency procedures for fire and security as well as organize drills.
Conduct safety and fire prevention trainings to team members
Crisis Management / Business Continuity
Observes, takes action where necessary and reports all hotel property deficiencies and safety hazards.
Reviewing all security and safety measures, procedures, equipment and methods from time to time for protective and preventive purposes as well as to maintain efficiency and tight security & safety control.
Represent the hotel in formal meetings with outside organizations on matters dealing with safety & security related matters.
Ensure that all incidents and accidents are investigated and recorded
Liaise closely with all departments in matters pertaining to security, VIPs arrival and other events and ensures that the day-to-day routine is strictly adhered to
Be familiar with the anti-terrorist and bomb threat prevention procedures in order to manage the team with prompt assistance in case of an accident, fire or other emergency
Carry out other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by the senior management
Ensure that all team members understand and adhere to the hotel’s team member rules and regulations as well as security and emergency policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
A Director of Security serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Valid Police Licensing & Regulatory Department (PLRD) License issued by Singapore Police Force – Mandatory
· WSQ Certification in Chief Security Officer / WSQ Diploma in Security Management – Mandatory
· Organized and systematic approach to problem solving
· Security industry experience in managerial capacity
· Ability to listen and respond to demanding guest needs
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
· Min 5 years or more experience in managing of hotel’s safety, security, fire safety operations
· Knowledge in Work Place Safety & Health (WSH), Risk Assessment & BizSafe Certification
· Accountable and resilient
· Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
· Ability to work under pressure
· Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
· Good grooming standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Previous hotel experience in a similar capacity or extensive Singapore Police Force background
· Certified First Aider and/or Fire Safety Manager
· Able to operate Fire Alarm System and Customized Security System and Software’s
· IT proficiency
· First Aid, CPR & AED certified
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!